May 13, 2018 is a special day to honor all mothers. Mother’s Day is a special time to reflect on reasons why you’re grateful for your mother, and also to reflect on your journey to motherhood as well. If you’re pregnant with another child, the anticipation and the expectation are hard to handle. Getting face-to-face and nose-to-nose with your baby is hard to wait for.
If you had another child with a Cesarean delivery, you may have a desire to have a vaginal birth this time around. You are not alone if you have this desire. This procedure is called Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery (VBAC). There are many reasons you may have a strong desire to consider this mode of delivery for your next child.
Here are 5 reasons women have for choosing a VBAC. Gone are the days of “Once a C-section, always a C-section!”
- You may not want to have another abdominal surgery.
- You may want to speed up your recovery time.
- You may want to reduce your hospital stay after birth.
- You may have a strong desire to experience a vaginal birth.
- You may want to have control in the decision-making process of the delivery of your next child.
Not all doctors or hospitals perform VBACs. Marietta OB-GYN Affiliates, P.A. doctors are highly trained and experienced in performing vaginal deliveries after Cesarean procedures. We will help determine if a VBAC is a safe and good option for you and your baby. Call our office today to consult with one of our doctors about a VBAC.