According to the National Senior Health & Fitness Day, 100,000 older adults will participate in activities at more than 1,000 locations throughout the United States on Wednesday, May 29, 2019. This is its 26thannual event with a goal of keeping older Americans healthy and fit. This is the largest annual health and wellness event for older adults.
“Live And Thrive With Exercise”
The theme for the National Senior Health & Fitness Day is, “live and thrive with exercise.” If you’re an older adult and you’re looking to incorporate a new exercise into your life, it’s important to remember a few guidelines.
- Choose an activity that you think you will enjoy.
- Always begin with a warm-up.
- Start slow and gradually build up your intensity and duration of your workouts.
- Take time for recovery days.
- Fuel your body with healthy foods and plenty of water.
- Make sure you have quality equipment and shoes for your activity.
- End your workouts with a cool down and stretching.
Caring For Your Body Through All Stages Of Life
If you’re an older woman, Marietta OB-GYN Affiliates, P.A. can help you determine which exercises are right for you at your stage of life. Whether you’re going through menopause or well beyond those years, our goal is to help you have an overall quality of life and vitality. It is our goal that you will be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity at all times.