Ten Foods To Eat During Pregnancy
March 11, 2013
If you are newly pregnant, you may be wondering what you should eat during pregnancy to make sure that your baby receives all the vitamins and nutrients he/or she needs in order to develop. While that is a question that can be best answered by your OB/GYN or healthcare provider, there are ten foods that are especially rich in the vitamins and nutrients that are essential during pregnancy. Just remember that is also important to eat a well-balanced diet during pregnancy that contains a variety of different foods in quantities that are safe and will promote healthy weight gain on your part and the part of your unborn child.
So here they are:
1. Avocados – avocados are loaded with folic acid, potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B. They are high in fat, but it is the kind of fat that is good for you in appropriate quantities.
2. Broccoli – this cruciferous vegetable is packed with Vitamins A and C as well as with Calcium and Folic Acid.
3. Carrots – Carrots are great sources of Vitamins A, B6 and C as well as fiber.
4. Edamame – edamame is full of protein, Calcium, Folic Acid and Vitamins A and B.
5. Lentils- lentils are great sources of folic acid, protein, Vitamin B and Iron.
6. Mangoes – mangoes contain large quantities of A and C Vitamins and can add color and flavor to any dish.
7. Nuts – nuts contain important minerals (copper, manganese, magnesium, selenium, zinc, potassium and calcium) as well as Vitamin E.
8. Oatmeal – oatmeal is full of fiber, B Vitamins and Iron.
9. Spinach- spinach is rich in Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Calcium and Iron
10. Yogurt – yogurt contains Calcium, Protein and Folic Acid.
These are just ten of the many healthy foods that can be consumed during pregnancy. For more information about healthy eating during pregnancy, talk to your OB/GYN or a licensed Nutritionist today. Congratulations on your pregnancy and Bon Appetit!
Posted on the Behalf of Marietta OB-GYN Affiliates, P.A.